Ever had something happen in the past that still bugs you to this day? Something that steals your power and holds you back?
Yeah, me too.
Since thoughts create reality, playing out this memory the same way, over and over again, will keep us stuck in the old reality.
But fortunately, there’s a nifty little trick that can help us get past this. It will help you to wipe out the old memory and replace it with a new and better one. And so, it’s a helpful technique for erasing old scars and removing old blocks.
First of all, relax! I’m not about to talk about exams and textbooks : )
Revision is simply a process whereby you revisit the problematic memory. But now, instead instead of simply playing it out as it happened before, you use your imagination to ‘revise’ it and make it play out in the way that you would want it to have happened.
And that’s it!
This process is better known as something to be done at the end of each day, in dealing with that day’s events, but I can’t see any reason why it cannot be applied to other, older memories too.
This is how author and teacher Neville Goddard describes the process of daily revision:
As you review your day, it is important to revise each negative reaction so that you can remember it as what you wished had happened rather than storing that memory as it did occur. What you think of with feeling or emotion is an actual fact. That which you experience in the physical world is merely a shadow, reflecting the reality of your imaginal activity. Therefore, when you revise a conversation, an unhappy experience, or a quality about yourself, you are literally experiencing it in reality (your consciousness).
In case you’re wondering if it works and is worth doing, let me assure you that it does and it is!
First of all, it feels good when you’re doing it, and that’s a huge clue in itself.
But not only that, if you do this enough times, you’re going to achieve the same ‘brain washing’ power of the old incident, but in a positive way, thereby erasing the old scars.
I credit this video for reminding me of this process – now at a time when I’m more receptive to it – and for explaining how to apply it.
So go on and give revision a try. It just might help you make the coming New Year your best one yet!
- A Simple Technique for Getting Past Limiting Beliefs
- Telling a New Story – How to Vanquish Your Inner Demons
- Consciousness As the Underlying Reality
- The Law of Attraction – What You Need to Know and Why You Need to Be Excited About It
- How to Use the Law of Attraction – An Unconventional Guide
- Imaginary Letter Of Revision Works! (a Secret Story about Revision)
- The Secret (website)
- Abraham and Hicks – Teachings of Abraham (website)
- 30 Days of Gratitude (A gratitude journal with quotes to guide and inspire you)
- Five Steps to A Happier You (An ebook that teaches you five simple actions you can take today to become happier)
- The Secret Success Stories (Browse Law of Attraction success stories)