We collect certain information (or ‘data’) about you when you visit indikadefonseka.com or interact with this website.
This includes situations such as:
- browsing the site and reading content;
- leaving comments;
- sending emails using the ‘Contact’ page or directly;
- using the ‘share’ buttons to share content on this site; or
- signing up to our mailing list.
What information do we collect?
We collect information such as:
- your IP address;
- details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site (including pages you visited); and
- in the case of comments and email sign-ups, we also receive the email address, web address and name you submitted.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information because this helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- provide you with products and services and accept payment from you in return; and
- respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to.
Can we identify you personally?
Usually, we can’t identify you personally using your data. We might be able to identify you if you and your details are already known to us, via an existing and on-going relationship (i.e. if you are friends or family etc.).
Where your data is stored
Your data is stored primarily on secure servers located in the USA.
It could be viewed by staff working for third party service providers such as MailChimp.com (our email subscription service provider).
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or such purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce our rights and any agreement we may enter into with you.
We will also always endeavour to inform you when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
You can do so by contacting us by email at indika (at) indika de fonseka (dot) com.
You can choose not to use this website any further and navigate away from it.
You can also to clear your browser of the information it holds in its browsing history, which will clear out any ‘cookies’ (see below) we have stored on your computer.
Links to other websites
Indikadefonseka.com contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to indikadefonseka.com from another website
This website places small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs; and
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again.
At indikadefonseka.com, cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. We don’t collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) via cookies, so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
You’ll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage them by visiting AboutCookies.org
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.